Terms & Conditions
By submitting your purchase request, you agree to provide us with a full and complete payment including any delivery charges where applicable. You also agree to provide us with correct delivery details including your post code and your telephone number. Payment can be made through Paypal (with or without a Paypal account), Direct Bank Transfer or Cash on Collection. All payments must be in full before Musical Money Ltd can release any item.
When purchasing goods from Musical Money Ltd, customers are entitled to assume:-
- The goods they are purchasing are of satisfactory quality unless described otherwise.
- The goods are fit for all purposes for which they are supplied unless described otherwise.
- The goods are safe and durable unless described otherwise.
- That where any written description is applied to the goods, that the goods match that description.
If the above are breached, the customer may be entitled to certain remedies which include refund, repair or replacement subject to availability.
Items ordered before 11.00am will usually be dispatched same day or next day. Delivery of items over 2kg in weight will be dispatched via next working day courier. Lighter items, books and other lesser value items such as straps/strings will be dispatched through Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class so may take slightly longer. For deliveries to anywhere other than Mainland UK (not including Scottish Highlands) please email for a delivery quotation. All items delivered will be insured to their full value. Musical Money Ltd can not be held responsible for delays that may be caused by independent delivery companies.
Under distance selling regulations, you have a seven day cooling off period. If for any reason you no longer want your item, you must inform us in writing, within 14 days from receiving your purchase. The cost for returning un-wanted items will be your responsibility. Any un-wanted item must be returned in exactly the condition it was described when sold. Returned items must be sent via a tracked and signed for delivery service, they must be insured to their full value and they must arrive back to us within 5 working days.
You may also return an item if it arrives to you in courier damaged/faulty condition. Courier Damage – If the reason for return is courier damage, we need to know within 24 hours of the item being delivered that it has sustained courier damage. That return cost will be covered by the courier. If we are informed after 24 hours that the item is damaged, the courier cost will need to be covered by the buyer. Faulty Equipment – If the reason for return is because the item is faulty/not fit for purpose, we need to be informed within 14 days. All UK return postage costs will be covered by us. International/Non UK returns – Any European returns will need to be covered by the buyer.
Free Nationwide Collection Service
- Free Nationwide Collection is available for items that you sell or part exchange to us only.
- Free Nationwide Collection is only available from Monday-Friday. Free Nationwide Collection or any other courier collections are not available for weekends or bank holidays.
- For Free Nationwide Collection to be completed, someone will have to be available at the agreed collection address to hand the parcel to the courier, usually between the hours of 12.00noon - 5.00pm on the arranged collection day.
- Free Nationwide Collection applies to items 25kg and under in weight and upto and including dimensions of 120cm x 70cm x 70cm only. For larger, heavier items, please contact for details and pricing.
- Free Nationwide Collection applies to mainland England, Wales and Scotland only (not including Scottish Highlands). UK islands, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, please contact for details and prices.
- Free Nationwide Collection is a free service offered by Musical Money Ltd and as such we reserve the right at any time, to refuse Free Nationwide Collection.
- Items collected using Free Nationwide Collection Service must be boxed. Anything sent without a box will not be insured and will be subject to a surcharge of £24.50.
- Free Nationwide Collection may require you to print your shipping label. Parcels with any dimension over 100cm x 70cm x 60cm will be collected with FedEx Express (TNT) and will require you to print your own label. If this is not possible, we will be unable to arrange the collection and you will need to make your own delivery arrangements.
Guitar Box Supply Service (GBSS)
- GBSS is available solely for customers who are selling their guitars/equipment to Musical Money Ltd
- GBSS cost is £17.00 including free delivery – paid back in full on return
- Two box sizes are available
- Box internal dimensions are provided in the description before you purchase. It is your responsibility to ensure the box you order is the right size. Ordering the wrong size will result in no refund being paid
- Used boxes may be supplied
- Box must be returned in usable condition
- Box must not be cut, folded, flattened, or incur any other modifications that could affect its use
- 5m of bubble wrap, 1 roll of brown parcel tape and Instructions are supplied with each order
- When using our GBSS, it is your responsibility to ensure your equipment is packed safely. If your equipment needs extra packaging (bubble wrap, rolled up newspapers etc), you must provide this
- Shipping insurance will be void if equipment is deemed to be packed unsuitably
- Musical Money Ltd reserves the right to refuse GBSS at any time
Packaging your own equipment
It is the responsibility of you the seller to make sure your equipment is packed safely and securely for the duration of the delivery to our premises. If when your equipment arrives the packaging is unsecure and unsafe, photographic evidence will be taken before the equipment is opened and if necessary, video evidence will be taken also. It is up to the discretion of the Musical-Money team to decide whether the packaging was suitable for the equipment concerned. If the packaging turns out to be inadequate, Musical-Money Ltd can not be held responsible and will not be held liable for such damage.
Unsuitable or unsecure packaging means, a piece of equipment that has been exposed to the edge of the packaging. There should always be enough packaging (bubblewrap or the like) between the equipment and the edge of the packing box. This will allow the packaging to cushion any small impacts that may occur during the course of delivery.
Valuations and Re-Negotiation
The value of your equipment will be agreed between you and the Musical-Money team. We will provisionally value your equipment based purely on the description you give. If you are satisfied with the provisional valuation and decide to sell we will give your equipment a full inspection.
On receipt of your equipment at our premises, a full inspection of your equipment will be carried out by the Musical-Money valuation team and provided your description is accurate, we will process your payment. The valuation team may need to take necessary steps to authenticate certain instruments or equipment. If the Musical-Money team decides your equipment has been described incorrectly, the valuation team will contact you with details of the discrepancy and you will be given the option of agreeing a revised figure, or returning your item back too you, at your cost.
Upon agreement of a final price your payment will be processed within 24 hours. We offer a range of payment options.
Direct Bank Transfer, varies from bank to bank, usually, 2hrs but can take upto 5 days. We cannot, under any circumstances, recall or reissue bank transfer payments once they have been made.
Cheque We will post your cheque first class within 24-48 hours.
PayPal payment is also offered but PayPal charges will apply and Musical-Money Ltd can not and will not be held responsible for these charges.
Cash payments after valuation at the Musical-Money premises.
Postage options for items bought by Musical Money Ltd
Let us arrange the courier for you (recommended). This will be a tracked and recorded service with full insurance. You must pack your equipment securely and safely (see Packaging).
Items will be collected by Free of Charge. See Free Nationwide Collection Service.
Arrange your own delivery. We strongly recommend that any deliveries arranged by you include tracking and insurance. Proof of postage is recommended for any item. Musical-Money Ltd can not be held liable for any item posted by you that is lost or damaged in transit.
For large collections and studio clear outs, a Musical Money representative will visit (subject to location).
You can visit us at our premises. (Visits are strictly by appointment)
Return Equipment Charges
If, on the unlikely occasion a deal is not agreed between Musical-Money and the seller, equipment may need to be returned. This will be done at the cost the seller. The cost of return must be paid before any equipment can be returned. This cost will depend on the size and weight of the equipment in question. Suitable steps will be taken to make sure any returned equipment has a tracked and insured delivery and Musical-Money will not be held liable for any lost or damaged equipment. It will be the responsibility of the courier to pay for lost or damaged equipment.
Return charges will be charged at the rates shown plus £9.99 packaging and admin charge plus any necessary insurance costs.
For small* lightweight** equipment, we will use Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class Recorded or Special Delivery. Your item may need extra insurance when using the Recorded delivery service. Insurance of up to £500 is included with Special Delivery and can be increased to £2500.
The actual delivery cost when using 1st or 2nd class will depend on the exact weight but will start from approx £1.50 and the cost of Recorded delivery is £0.74.
Special Delivery is a guaranteed next day service and starts from £5.05 and includes tracking and a signature at its destination.
*Small; under 610mm x 460mm x 460mm
**Lightweight; under 2kg
Equipment from 2kg-30kg or over 610mm x 460mm x 460mm.
The costs are;
Mainland UK (not including Scottish Highlands) 2kg-20kg - £9.99. Over 20kg add 50p per kilo up to a maximum weight of 30kg. Insurance is included as standard up to a value of £240. Further insurance can be added from £6.00 taking the insured value to £1000.
For any items over 30kg, please contact us to discuss the options.
For Scottish Highland Collections, 2kg-20kg will cost £18.99 plus 80p per kilo from 20kg-30kg
Return charges will be charged at the above rates plus £6.99 packaging and admin charge plus any necessary insurance costs.
Prices are subject to change at any time.
Delivery Damage and loss for items purchased by Musical Money Ltd Including Part Exchange items
If you are organizing your own delivery, we highly recommend tracking and insurance. We can not be held responsible for any equipment that arrives to us in a condition significantly other than the one agreed in our initial valuation. Musical-Money Ltd can not be held liable for any equipment that has been lost, broken or damaged in transit when the delivery has been arranged by you.
If Musical-Money has arranged delivery from your premises to ours, you will be given the option to pay insurance for the delivery. We recommend you pay the insurance. By not paying the insurance, you agree that if any damage occurs in transit, Musical Money Ltd can not be held liable for such damage. Insurance is charged at £6.00 and covers your equipment up to £1500.00 value. Standard insurance is included up to £240.00 for a typical 2kg-20kg consignment.
If an insurance claim is required and Musical Money has arranged the delivery, Musical-Money Ltd will make a claim on your behalf for any lost or damaged equipment.
Musical-Money Ltd does not deal in stolen equipment. We work with local crime prevention authorities and if we feel we need to ascertain proof of ownership, we are within our rights to take necessary steps to confirm that a piece of equipment is not stolen. If it is proven that a piece of equipment is stolen, we will inform the correct authority and steps will be taken to return the property to the rightful owner and prosecution may follow.
We operate the Margin Scheme and in the majority of cases VAT is non-reclaimable.
Events Outside Of Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
Musical-Money Ltd reserves the right to refuse any equipment.